By Jerry Spinelli
LOVE IT! I took this book on our camping trip and could not put it down. I even read it in the truck on the way home and I get so car sick reading in a vehicle! It was all about high school and fitting in and how one girl shows up at school and changes how everyone perceives things. Do you try to blend in or do you try to stand out? That is the ultimate question asked in this book. It is so innocent, yet so real at the same time. It is told from Leo's perspective and appeals to both the boys and girls. I even read it again this fall with my class. For my Taylor class, I created a PowerPoint to pique their interest in it. It uses images to the tune of "Time in a Bottle." Imagine that...Dr. Quinn had that song on his flash drive!
2015 Mock Caldecott Winners
10 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment