Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ten Mistakes Parents Make With Teenagers (And How to Avoid Them)

by Jay Kesler
Wolgemuth & Hyatt Publishers, 1988

I found this book at my church library and thought it would make a good read, since I have a son on the brink of the teenage years and I will be teaching sixth grade this fall. There was a lot of information that I probably knew as a teacher and just being around kids 24/7. Although, there was a lot of helpful information for Jon and I in this new endeavor. There are practical tips and certainly things I need to work on. I am trying to get him to read it next so we can discuss it and come to a consensus. There are some things that differ from how we were raised, but I have also seen the positive effect of Jay's child-rearing first-hand. He is the teaching pastor at our church! It is kind of funny to read the stories in his "voice". This book was easy to read and very practical. It only has 140 pages, if you are short on time, like I am. The next parenting book I will be reading is about as thick as Harry Potter! It could be months before I post it (The Age of Opportunity)! I will just continue to pray for wisdom in dealing with my students and children. Prayers are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment