Saturday, July 2, 2011

Picture Books: Part 1: Few Words

I realized through Dr. Quinn's class and observing my junior high son, that picture books are not always for little kids.  In this and the next several postings, I will share with you some picture books that I read to some of my 6th grade students.  This is a short list of  books that I had my language arts students look through and write stories for.  There are few or no words on the pages. 

Tuesday by David Wiesner

It is 8:00 a.m. on a Tuesday in a small town and frogs are flying in on lily pads.  What will happen next?


Flotsam by David Wiesner

A mysterious camera is found on a beach by a young boy.  What secrets will be unveiled and how will lives be intertwined by this camera?

Hogwash by Arthur Geisert

How do you clean up all the little piggies before they go to bed?

Sidewalk Circus by Paul Fleischman and Kevin Hawkes

The circus is coming to town!  Maybe it is already here!

No comments:

Post a Comment